Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Busting the Burger Binge!


I bought some more 96/4 ground beef from Aldi's again and decided to make some burgers for me and the wife.
I was making more pizza dough...can never have too much pizza dough, and I weighed some out at 1 ounce and made some flat bread out of them for the burgers. Cooked them at 500 degrees for 4 minutes...flipped them over and cooked for 2 more minutes. They came out pretty darn good!





Next I cooked the burgers, 4 ounces each, topped them with German Sauerkraut...for my wife's we put a homemade thousand Island,  and mine I put spicy brown mustard. Topped the sauerkraut with some garlic and herb Jack cheese and melted it, then topped with the other slice of flatbread. Just as good as a Reuben. When I had them in my restaurant I used to call hers a Reuben Burger and mine with the mustard a German Burger! Served it with some homemade mustard based potato salad...and yes, I enjoyed every minute of it.







For dinner I made myself a Pizza Burger of sorts. I took a pizza dough, 3 ounces and stretched it out. Put some pizza sauce on the dough, then the burger. I then put some of the garlic herb Jack cheese and diced onions on...folded the sides up around the whole thing to make a round wrap. Cooked it at 475 for about ten or eleven minutes. Delicious! 





Thanks again for visiting my blog! Hope many Blessings are served your way! Mike P.


No comments:

Post a Comment