Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Simple Homemade Catsup Recipe!

I love oven baked fries! I just don't like commercial Catsups. They usually have corn syrup or other sweetners in them. I try...lol to eat clean, all though I am stuck on Pizza right now...but hey, it is homemade and I know what's going in it. Okay, back to the fries and catsup.

I came across a catsup recipe quite a few years ago and tweaked it a bit and instead of sugars I puree 3-4 medjool dates with the water. I find it to be the best Catsup I have had so here is the recipe, I hope you try it and enjoy it!

1 can 6 oz. Tomato paste
4 tbsp. White vinegar
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/3 cup warm water (soak the dates in this to soften, then puree )
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
Pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of allspice
1/4 tsp. Chili powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
The 3 dates that you soak.
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper (optional, but good!)
Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your own liking!

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and wisk well to combine. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors marry, then enjoy! You might want to make a double batch. Great on burgers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment