Friday, January 19, 2018

Making the meata balls!

After my tomato and basil pizza I had for lunch, I decided to make some meatballs. Aldi's had 96/4 ground beef for only $4.49 a pound so I got some today when I was out earlier.


For the meatballs I added:
1 heaping tsp. each of basil, oregano, garlic powder, diced garlic, parmesan cheese
2 tbs. minced fresh onion
1 level tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1 level tsp. Crushed red pepper
1 whole egg
I don't use bread crumb but you could add 1/4-1/3 cup of bread crumbs with just enough milk to moisten them.

I sauteed them with chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms, added about 1/8 cup Marsala 🍷 wine...burp, excuse me! And when meatballs were cooked through I added some of my homemade pizza sauce to the pan. I simmered  everything for about 10 minutes, and then let that cool down and put away for later use. 
I am thinking a meatball, pepper, onion and mushroom pizza turnover for lunch tomorrow ! 
My Italian hot dog roll was so good yesterday...I had to do it all over again today!







Now I was in the hospital for about 15 days altogether last month, and had gotten down to 124 lbs. (In case you are wondering how I can eat so much of all the good food). Time to fatten up some, winter will be here again before you know it...lmbo!
Thanks for reading my chit chat and rambles, Blessings,  Mike P.




No comments:

Post a Comment