Sunday, January 14, 2018

Hey Turkey..where's the Cranberry Compote, you Potato you!

After shopping today, I got busy in the kitchen!

First I made a Cranberry Apple Compote.
Ingredients:
1 bag cranberry's washed
1 cup unsweetened Apple cider
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract or to taste.
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg and ginger
1/4 cup sugar (optional. I don't use sugar)
1 apple diced
Bring apple cider to a boil, add all the other ingredients turn down to medium and cook until berries pop and apples are tender. Mash with a potato masher and put in a container to cool. Good hot or cold. Best refrigerated for 4-6 hours or overnight. Very simple and easy to due. A lot better than store cranberry sauce.






Next I made my lunch. 
Two medium baked potatoes topped with a sauce of peppers, onions, Jalapeños,  spices and my pizza sauce. Just sautee veggies till tender, then add the pizza sauce and simmer. Pour over potatoes and enjoy. Some melted cheese would be good on top, but I have to watch my weight!




Moving right along!
Bought some ground Turkey at Trader Joe's, only 2.99 a pound there. Cooked four lbs all at once using my Turkey Sausage recipe. After cooking it I portion it out into 3 ounce portions. I get 16 portions out of that. I then freeze them to use for the next few weeks!

Make sure you save all the juices, makes a great broth addition to soup. I freeze them too!

To make 1 lb. Of Turkey sausage:

1 lb. Turkey
1 tsp. Each of salt, oregano, basil, fennel seed, paprika, onion powdee
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme and sage
1-2 tsp. Garlic powder
1-2 tsp. Hot pepper flakes

I usually just repeat for each lb. I cook!






Followed by...........enough said!






No comments:

Post a Comment