Sunday, February 11, 2018

Breakfast Pizzadilla and a Saute Pan Pizza!




Made myself a breakfast Pizzadilla! Scrambled egg, peppers, onions, eggplant and mozzarella cheese! Cooked both side in my saute pan covered with the lid! Heated some pizza sauce to go with it. Oh yum!


As tired as I was and not feeling that well, I got a wild hair to clean the oven...which hadn't been in two years. Oh that was a good thought. Anyhow I used baking soda and vinegar and scrubbed and scrubbed. I actually had to take a straight razor to the glass and the inside of the door. Then I turned the self clean on to take care of anything else. I didn't know it was a 3 1/2 hour cycle. And wouldn't you know it, I wanted pizza for lunch. Especially since I hadn't had one since yesterday, lol! So I got out a dough, threw it into the saute pan and on medium heat I cooked the first side a few minutes then flipped to cook the other side for a few. Having the lid on of course! Then flipped it back to the original side, topped with the sauce, cheese and toppings, covered and cooked till the bottom was brown and very crisp! Oh it was so good, I certainly will do that again. Especially when I don't want to use the oven. Loved the way it cooked crisp on the bottom.

Using a Saute pan to reheat slices is also the best way to do that also. If you use a microwave I may have to unfriend you, lol! Put your slices in the pan, put a lid on and turn burner to medium and let heat for a few minutes until it is hot to your liking. Keep an eye on the bottom also. Nice crispy crust!




For dinner it was two baked pizzas. One white for me and one red for the Mrs.

Oh..look at that cheese rrunning over the crust!


Well, goodnight y'all, I am tired and have the GI appointment in the morning.

Have a good night, and a great day tomorrow, blessings, Mike P.!

No comments:

Post a Comment