Saturday, February 3, 2018

Mini torps...more Pizza dough and a bread bowl Baked Spaghetti. And a Mocha malt Boli for dessert!



I was just about out of mini torpedo rolls and pizza dough. So of course I had to make some more.

While I was at it, I made a bread bowl to serve my Baked Spaghetti in. I didn't have any oil spray so I didn't use any. Normally I would spray the outside of the bowl with it before resting dough over top. Hence, the reason it stuck a little, but not bad! After cooking the bread I made the Baked Spaghetti in my sautee pan again. I used the Farmers Cheese instead of ricotta. It doesn't get runny like ricotta does.


and then slid it into the bread bowl. I used some of the sub dough for the bowl. You can also just use pizza dough. The sub dough will yield a softer and somewhat thicker bread though.

Another way to make it would be to assemble the Baked Spaghetti in opposite order in the bowl, cover the top with the dough, make sure you butter or oil the rim and sides where the bread will touch while cooking. When browned and done, you invert it on a serving dish and work the bowl out of the Bread. If you try it this way, spray the inside of the bowl also so the cheese and pasta will not stick. Butter would work to, giving you a little more flavor...if your not counting calories! I don't think calories should be counted in Italian cooking...just flavor, lol!






               


The bread on the bowl after cooking.

After removing the bowl.


Oh yea...now that looks good. And it was!
                


For dinner I made myself a Basil and Tomato Pizza with the leftover caramelized onions and peppers, Paleo bacon, mozzarella, cheddar,  pepper jack and parmesan cheeses with a sprinkling of black pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes. I cooked it at 525 in my black pan to get a nice, crisp and dark bottom crust.





Since I am on a big diet cheat, I figured why not have dessert again, oh the shame! 

I made me a nice Mocha Malt Boli. Hey, go for the gusto. I used some of the Farmers Cheese, two dates and 1 fig, softened with a little bit of hot water and then mashed and a tsp of honey to sweeten it up, then added a tbs. of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp. of instant coffee and a tsp. of the powdered malt. I brushed the crust with a mixture of a little hot water and powdered malt also. Cooked it for about 11 minutes at 450. Oh I could have eaten a large one.


The cheese mixture.

             



Thanks for stopping by again. Blessings everyone, Mike P.

1 comment:

  1. OMG that spaghetti bowl looked delicious! Im sitting here at work, 6:18 am thinking about food...not good! LOL

    ReplyDelete