Thursday, February 1, 2018

Apple Dessert Pizza with Cheddar-Roasted Eggplant Parmigiana pockets and Roasted Eggplant Veggie Stuffed Pizza!



I made another sweet breakfast. Apple Raisin Pizza with Cheddar cheese. The apple topping was totally delicious. The cheddar cheese was okay, but the sweetness of the apple mixture  overpowered it. It would have been much better with an oatmeal crumb topping or a base of ricotta cheese then the apple topping. I think I will do the ricotta layer first and maybe some crumbled Paleo Bacon sprinkled over the apple topping. Here is how I made the apple filling:

1 tbs coconut oil for sauteing.
1 large firm apple of your choice. I used a firm Red Delicious Apple.
Handfull of raisins to your liking
3 diced dates
2 diced dried figs
3/4 cup of boiling Water
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/6 tsp of nutmeg, ground cloves, allspice, cardamom
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1-2 tbs half and half

Put oil in Sautee pan and add the diced apples and cook about half way. In the meantime add the diced figs, raisins, dates and spices to the water. Pour mixture into the apple pan. Cook on medium heat until it thickens to your liking, then add the tbs of half and half. Stir together real good. It is now ready to use.

There is no need to add sugar or any starches to thicken or sweeten. The natural fruit sugars and pectin from the apple make it more than sweet and thick enough.

Have your dough spread out, add the apple topping and cheddar, crumb topping or a ricotta base then the apple filling and bake at 475 for about 10 minutes.










Well, for lunch I had to try out the Italian Pita bread I made yesterday. So I roasted some sliced eggplant in the oven at 475 degree's for 12 minutes on one side, then turned the broiler on to 475 and cooked the top for about 5 or so minutes. I sprayed some oil on the pan, put the slices down, and sprayed the top of the eggplants also. Threw some garlic powder, salt, pepper, basil and oregano on top, then put them in the oven to cook.

I took a sautee pan and put some of my pizza sauce on the bottom, layered some eggplant, topped it with some more sauce and provolone cheese. I put the lid on the pan and on medium heat I heated it all and melted the cheese. Then I stuffed it into the pockets and enjoyed my meal!








For dinner you may think I was running a pizzeria out if my kitchen. My daughter wanted one kind of boli, my grandson wanted his usual pepperoni boli, my wife wanted a veggie pizza...hahaha, but for me, oh yea, the stuffed eggplant and veggie pizza! I felt like a king eating that bad boy! I must say it was AWESOME!

Everyone's meal before going in the oven! Now to Build mine!

Stretched the dough and put a layer of Ricotta and some of the shredded cheese.

Added some Mushrooms.

Then some carmelized onions and peppers! 

Then some of that roasted eggplant. 

Added the rest of the shredded cheese and parmesan and put a second crust on top!

Threw some chopped fresh Roma's on there and into the oven.


When half cooked, I added some pizza sauce, parmesan, oregano and hot pepper flakes. Then back in the oven to finish cooking!

Now that's what I am talking about!

Stuffed! 

My wife's Veggie Pizza!

Well, thank you all again for stopping in. I hope you enjoyed the pics as much as we did eating the food!

Blessings to you all, Mike P.

No comments:

Post a Comment