Sunday, February 25, 2018

Pot Cheese from Cottage Cheese. Cheesecake Pizza from the Pot Cheese. Pink Sauce from the drainage!



Pot cheese is basically a dry version of Cottage Cheese. You put your cottage cheese in a sieve, put a bowl or something like it that has room to push the cheese down to keep weight on it while it drains. I put a 28 can of tomatoes in the bowl for my weight. I then covered everything with a large plastic food bag. You could use plastic wrap also. Let it sit 2-4 hours in frig. if you need it the same day. I let mine sit overnight. Make sure you have room between the sieve and the drain bowl so the sieve doesn't sit in the liquid. I put the sieve over an empty bowl, then used the back of a tablespoon to push the cheese curds through the sieve, making a fine smoother cheese. This cheese is great for Lasagna and Ravioli filling as well because it is drier and won't be as runny!

I drizzled a little honey over the top before baking! I baked it about 15-18 minutes on 400.

Oh, it was so good just plain. Naked Cheesecake Pizza, without toppings that is. I did stir in some cocoa nibs for a little flavor to the filling also!


 I saved the liquid to use for Pink Sauce. I made Spaghetti with Roasted Red Peppers and Mushroom, the Pink Sauce and Smoked Mozzarella. Just take the liquid and add three or four tablespoons of pizza sauce, some extra spices and grated cheese. Put it in the pot with some drained spaghetti and whatever additions you want to add, I topped mine with the Smoked Mozzarella and let it heat through...and Walla, delisioso Spaghetti!



 I reserved some for a Pink Sauce for Pizza too! My waistline says they were both awesome!



I just love a Crispy crust and so does my Granddaughter! The sauce really gave this cheese pizza it's own taste, a good one at that. So the moral of the story is, don't waste the liquid from draining Cottage or Ricotta cheeses!

I guess this blog is a little backwards! I am putting my breakfast last...hahaha! I took a Pizza dough out of the fridge and stretched it into an oblong shape, covered it with plastic wrap and let it sit out for about an hour. I cooked it at 500 for the first 5 minutes on middle rack then lowered the temp to 375 and cooked another ten minutes or so! Sliced it in half while still warm, then drizzled honey on it! They say...Man cannot live by bread alone, so I put the honey, lol! it was soooo good. The inside was soft and sweet from the honey and the outside was crispy and crunchy...the best of both worlds!



I got all cleaned up and decided to reminisce a little, so I put on my Peach Festival Tee shirt I got when I went back to Ruston, La. to help out as a volunteer for the festival. My wife and I both volunteered. That is where it was found that I had cancer, and actually had the tumor removed at Northern Louisiana Hospital. Gotta say Thanks to Judi and Randal Null for their great hospitality, and the one responsible for the check-up that helped find the cancer. And a big thanks to Judy Copeland and Ivana Flowers from the Chamber of Commerce for all they had done for me while I was on my cross country walk!



If you are ever in or around Ruston during the time of the festival, you must go!

Okay, bored yet, lol! I will go and let you all off the hook for now. Many Blessings to you all, 
Mike P.

2 comments:

  1. all looks good, but not sure I would like all that. Cottage is not on my list of foods I eat. You are so talented and creative. Love you, bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, bro, you cooked more in one day than I'd ever want to in a year! So thankful that I don't have those skills! Glad you do and that you are still enjoying your creations! Love from the WC

    ReplyDelete